Photo by Irina Nalbandian on Unsplash             Photo by Rob Laughter on Unsplash

While watching the video ‘Most Likely to Succeed’, I saw many ideas and teaching strategies that may be beneficial and many that may not foster a student’s lifelong knowledge and learning. In this film, the students had the chance to learn through project-based lessons. The two classes discussed each attempted to study the same subject but learned through two completely different approaches. One teacher opted to have the children write and perform plays to showcase their learning, while the other chose to have the students partake in a woodwork and metalwork creation that would also be showcased. I enjoyed the aspect of students having the opportunity to dive deeper and have a more in-depth experience of the topics they were studying.  They also appeared to enjoy themselves and have more interest in what they were learning. However, I question the idea of having the students work for an entire term on one project and having the students undergo the teacher’s choice of project. I believe that this approach should allow the students to choose which project they take part in or make suggestions on what projects they would like like to do to study the topic. I also believe that the idea of the showcase or presentation that the students gave at the end may have overwhelmed some students. The idea of their work needing to be completed and ready to be displayed in the showcase was  very prominent and  a provided them with a constant feeling of pressure, much like that of a standardized test, that the education system is working towards eliminating